Friday, June 17, 2011

Feel-good story

Tiger who?

So my dad calls me into his office around lunch time to watch Rory hit from the rough on the 18th. We suffered with him through that last hole but it wasn't going to overshadow an awesome round. His tee shots were good and his approach shots brilliant in a round that actually left a few shots on the course with some missed putts inside 10 feet.

So I guess this is what they call a feel-good story because I feel good for Rory. Awesome round today even if it ended with a bit of a thud. The future of the PGA is in good hands. I was rooting all the way for McIlroy in April but maybe his Masters meltdown was a positive thing because it took my admiration for him to a new level to witness his humility and class after the wheels came off. Make it 5 great rounds out of 6 in 2011 Majors so far for Rory. Here's to him getting it done on Sunday.

Two of my favorite players in golf paired in this grouping but Rory is surely my favorite golfer right now and the one guy I was bummed didn't play at TPC.

Watch the highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment