Thursday, September 29, 2011

September in microcosm

I don't believe what I just watched. I don't. It just couldn't have happened. I now understand what they mean when they say it isn't over till it's over. But, I mean, wow! I don't doubt that it happened. I only doubt the way it happened.

Walkoffs within minutes of each other. Boston must hate Dan Johnson. From nine games back and seven runs down. Crawford misplayed the ball that ended the season for Boston. Should have played the hop and thrown home. And they lost to the Orioles, the first team I ever loved and the first team I ever saw live. I don't believe it. Rain delay, balk, grand slam, extra innings, and walkoffs.

Seven runs down in the eighth. Nobody on and two outs in the ninth inning... IN BOTH GAMES. Things like this just don't happen.

It almost doesn't matter what happens in October. We just won the World Series. That was awesome!

I'll never forget this night as long as I live. I'm not being dramatic. That is the point. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. Unbelievable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment